The first step to joining one of our programs at Barker Creek Community School is to fill out our Inquiry Form. (See green buttons below.) A student currently at Central Kitsap, Klahowya or Olympic high schools may benefit from discussing Barker Creek with a school counselor. Please be aware, students who are interested in Barker Creek will be added to our waitlist and enrolled on a space-available basis.

Statement of Understanding 

In accordance with the Alternative Learning Experience Implementation Standards, reference WAC 392-121-182 (3)(e), prior to enrollment parent(s) or guardian shall be provided with documentation attesting to the understanding of the difference between home-based instruction and enrollment in an alternative learning experience (ALE). Provided on the front and back of this form are summary and narrative descriptions of the difference between Home-based Instruction and an ALE. Please read these descriptions in the Statement of Understanding pdf link below:

Required Inquiry Form

We are now accepting inquiries for the 2024-25 school year! 
Before completing our registration packet
(see the Register section below), we ask that you fill out an inquiry form for any of our programs. Use the link below to start:

If you need assistance filling out the Inquiry form, please contact our main office at 360-662-2570 to schedule an appointment. Once your Inquiry is reviewed, a BCCS staff member will contact you to discuss next steps. Please note--our office is closed for the summer through Wednesday, August 21st.

You are welcome to call our office with any questions you have about the registration process. Once you're ready to begin the enrollment process, please follow the steps below. 

How to Register

Thank you for your interest in Central Kitsap Schools. Learn more about registration below.

Find Your School

Our online registration form includes a tool to look up your neighborhood school. But if you'd like to know before you register, visit our School Boundaries page.

Registration for the 2024-25 School Year 

Registration is now open to all students for the 2024-2025 school year!

Get Documents Ready

Please have the following documents ready to upload before you start registration:

Required Documents
  • Proof of Child's Name: official birth certificate, military ID, passport, state-issued ID or adoption decree

  • Verification of Address: Current home utility bill (gas, electric, water, garbage, land-line telephone), military base housing assignment documents, or rental agreement that shows a recent date and service address. Additional documentation may be required.

  • Immunization Record: Valid Washington State Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) Form and/or Washington State Certification of Exemption (COE) Form.  There are four ways to obtain a CIS form:

    • Ask a Washington State health care provider to print out a CIS form
    • Ask your child’s Washington State school to print out a CIS form
    • Print your own child’s CIS form from the Washington State Immunization and Information System following the instructions on the Access your Family’s Immunization Information web page
    • Fill out a Washington State CIS form yourself and attach medical records showing proof of vaccination. Verified medical records must come from a health care providers’ office or state immunization database.  Click here for the CDC’s list of state immunization database contacts.
Additional Documents (if applicable)
  • Special Education Information (IEP) Plan
  • 504 Accommodation Plan

  • Application for Free and Reduced Price Meals: Visit our Free and Reduced Price Meals page for details

  • Title VI ED 506 Indian Student Eligibility Certification Form

  • Court Orders or Custody Concerns

If you have questions about any of these documents, please contact your school's main office. You can find contact information on our district Schools page

How to Register

Please note that registration is best done on a desktop computer. Auto-fill features may insert incorrect information to your registration. Please carefully review your information before submitting. 

Kindergarten registration

Enrollment for our free, full-day program is open to children who turn 5 by Aug. 31. Before registering online, it's helpful to gather documents. You can find a list of required and suggested documents below. You can find more information about our kindergarten program or find your school at

Transfer Requests

Do you live outside of Central Kitsap School District boundaries? Or do you want to homeschool your child or have them attend a school other than their assigned neighborhood school?

Then please visit our Transfer Request page for details.

More Resources for Starting School

Visit one of the links below for more information about starting school: